I have made my first ever roman blind. When the original line of ‘don’t buy one i’ll make one for you’ first passed my lips, i hadn’t quite anticipated the challenge i’d set myself. I think it the hardest thing i’ve done to date. Precision is key to this type of product as it involves ironing, pinning, ironing and pinning and ironing. Plus I was very aware that if I didn’t get the angles right then it would probably hang on a kink. Awkward! I’m very pleased with the end product and i’m happy to report that Kirsten (my housemate) is thrilled to have a replacement for the drab blind that was up in her room originally.
I’ve said i’ll never do one again… until the next time!