I have finally got around to making something to wear. It’s something i’ve been meaning to do for a while and the Tweed Run gave me a great excuse to go for it. I made a cloak based on a DIY Couture book. The outside of the cloak was a blue and green tweed with a green lining. I covered my own buttons and buttoned the sides to make it a little bit easier to cycle with.
And here’s a picture of me wearing it! Tally-Ho!
It started 3 years ago, when I bought some fat quarters which I decided to put aside for my own quilt. The first blast of production was 2 years ago and finally it’s finished and on my bed. It took so long because of various commissions, stops and starts.
Below are some pictures of the process. Cutting out all the fat quarters, labelling and some planning (with some help from Ferris).
And here it is, showing a detail of my hand quilting.
With added Crumble…